Friday, March 15, 2013

Be An Individual




Okay, first and foremost, I want to apologize that 0ptimizR was down for a few days this past week. Apparently some malware got onto the site by way of the snake game, so I took it down. The post is still there though. That will not however be the last fun HTML content I will have, so stay tuned.

Now on to the good stuff. Your asking what being an individual have to do with personal efficiency.

Well, here is the thing. I watch people ride the coattails of their parents political, religious, moral, and practical beliefs, and honestly they are wasting their life. I have peers who claim a certain party affiliation, but their life or personality goes against that platform, and numerous people claim their parents religion purely because its the only thing they have ever known.

I repeat: THIS IS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF YOUR LIFE YOU COULD POSSIBLY ENDURE.

Am I saying become the opposite of what your family follows, leave your religion behind, and separate yourself from everything your friends believe? Absolutely not. If you didn't think similarly with the friends you have, they would not be your friends. What I am saying is, know what you believe and follow, and why you believe or follow it.

I'll give you a personal example. When I was little, I never really grew up in church until I was in middle school. I claimed Christianity, but only because I didn't know much different. When I entered middle school, I had the epiphany: What is it that I believe, and does it actually make sense. So, without any push from outside sources, or without any type of pressure, I began to actually read my Bible. I asked the hard questions: If God is good, why is there suffering? Why would Jesus die for sinners? What does the Bible say about dinosaurs and whatnot? So I did my own research. I understood that there were questions that needed to be answered, and I searched for the answers. If there were things I found in my search that were compleately illogical, or definitely disproved the existence of God, then I had no problem planting my faith elsewhere.

In my search I found the answers to all of the hard questions, and furthermore I wholeheartedly believe in the existence of a pure, good God, who sent his son to die for sinners, because he made people to love and to love Him, and without a sacrifice of His blood, there would be an eternity of separation from Him, thus our existence would have been void. I believe God is logical, and omniscient, and understands all things. I also believe that God is compassionate, and ever loving of not only His followers, but everyone He created.

But this post is not about my conviction. If you want to know how I believe, you can take a look at my buddies blog. He and I have very similar beliefs. This post is about you finding your own.

I had very similar experiences with my political and practical ideals. You may call it an awakening, but I call it simply knowing what you believe and why you believe it.

Until next week. 'Mericuh.

1 comment:

  1. I loved how you referenced back to John's blog. That was a nice touch. I find it funny how most kids these days say yeah I beleive what my parents believe. Oh yeah that's my parents and my opinion. Or my favorite; Here's what We have to say. No, believe what you alone believe. You are the only one who has a say on your beliefs. Say what you have to say even if it's not what your family would say. Stand up and argue for what is right to you; not your friends, not to your neighbors, and not to your family. You believe what you believe. Great blog so far.

    ReplyDelete